[% total_qty %][%% basket.cost_subtotal|multi_currency %%] [%% 0|multi_currency %%]
Bag PreviewView BagTotal
[%% basket.cost_subtotal|multi_currency %%]
Our Alumni community consists of over 7,000 former pupils who are based all across the globe. No matter where our alumni have gone on to put down their roots, we want them to feel connected to their former school. As a result, we have set up the Alumni Ambassadors Programme.
We believe that our alumni are our best ambassadors. Nothing speaks more highly for our School than our alumni.
By choosing to become an Alumni Ambassador you can play an integral part of our alumni network. Not only will you be able to keep in touch with and meet fellow alumni in your area but also enhance your relationship with the High School of Dundee, no matter how long it has been since you waved goodbye to the Pillars!
As an Alumni Ambassador, you might want to act as a point of contact for other alumni who may be relocating to your city/country and who are seeking useful hints and tips, those visiting your area on business trips or holidays, those looking for career networking opportunities or those who share a similar interest in a sport or hobby.
Benefits of volunteering as an Alumni Ambassador
Becoming an Ambassador provides you with the opportunity to:
- Help enhance the High School of Dundee's profile across the globe.
- Broaden your social circle through contact with alumni who have had similar experiences, share interests or who live in your area.
- Reunite with old friends and former classmates.
- Remain connected to your former school.
Requirements of the Alumni Ambassador role
Our Alumni Relations team at the High School of Dundee is always on hand to provide assistance to you in your role as an Alumni Ambassador, whenever it's needed. We want you to enjoy and benefit from your role as well as feeling supported along the way.
We would greatly appreciate your support and assistance with the development of our alumni engagement activities and spreading the good word about the school to your friends, family and of course the wider community.
Some of the ways that you can help:
- Being the local point of contact for alumni who reside or are visiting your area.
- Providing advice to the School on places to see and visit if a school trip is being planned for your area.
- Developing and sharing contacts with the School to support any alumni activities in your region.
- Providing career insights to alumni who are looking to follow a career path similar to yours.
- Connecting with alumni who share similar hobbies and sporting interests i.e. rugby, golf, hockey etc. and perhaps helping to arrange a local alumni event as a result.
- Assisting with our Careers Guidance programme for our current pupils, this could range from advice via e-mail, coming along to one of our Business Breakfasts, to helping with arranging work experience placements (be this with your own company or with contacts you may have).
- Encouraging alumni you may know to also consider becoming Alumni Ambassadors in their region or country to help further expand our alumni network.
- Working with the Alumni Relations team to develop stronger communications and relationships with alumni in your region.
- Providing advice on future alumni events ideas such as recommending local venues and businesses that you think could accommodate such gatherings.
If you are interested in becoming an Alumni Ambassador, we would love to hear from you. You can either:
Complete one of our online application forms here: https://forms.gle/hHzydF6fs2UKouFP8.
Or alternatively, contact our Alumni Relations Team via e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone on (+44) 01382 202921 to discuss your role as an Alumni Ambassador for your area.