About Our Nursery
[% total_qty %][%% basket.cost_subtotal|multi_currency %%] [%% 0|multi_currency %%]
Bag PreviewView BagTotal
[%% basket.cost_subtotal|multi_currency %%]
Each child is unique and the importance of the early years in all areas of a child's development is widely recognised. It is therefore crucial to get it right for every individual.
Our purpose-built Nursery is open to all and aims to develop each child's individual potential and make learning fun through a structured and wide-ranging curriculum within a friendly, caring, welcoming environment.
The Nursery is open 50 weeks of the year, Monday to Friday from 7.30am until 6pm. A range of flexible sessions, including a school day option 7.30am - 3pm, are available on an all year round or term-time only basis. Early Years funding towards places is available from Dundee City Council.
An outstanding facility at an ideal location
Located at the School's Mayfield campus on Arbroath Road, our nursery provides a safe, secure and nurturing setting with an extensive variety of open-plan indoor play and learning areas, and outdoor play spaces.
Ample on-site parking enables easy drop-off and collection of children.
Mayfield is the home of the School's top of the range sports facilities and the Nursery makes full use of the playing fields, sports halls and vast green space on-site. In addition, our Nursery pupils receive specialist games lessons from the School's PE teachers.
We aim to ensure that we deliver the very best nursery education for each and every boy and girl. We promise to:
- Employ highly qualified, experienced, innovative, caring and committed staff
- Provide a balance of spontaneous play; planned, purposeful activities; investigations and explorations; and focused learning and teaching
- Make learning exciting, stimulating and fun
- Listen to each child and respond to their interests
- Create a warm, secure and nurturing environment
- See every child as unique and develop their individual skills and potential, confidence and self-esteem
- Work together with families for the benefit of every child
- Provide a rich curriculum which rigorously develops skills through active learning
- Provide top quality resources in our spacious, bright, purpose-built facility
- Partnership with parents
We firmly believe that there should be a real and strong partnership with parents. Your feedback will always be welcome as we strive to ensure that we make your child's experience happy and fun.
Parents are also welcome to spend time in the Nursery and regular informal contact and feedback from your child's Key Person can be expected. More formal written reports will also be provided.
Latest Inspection Report
The Nursery underwent its first official inspection by the Care Inspectorate in September 2015.
In their report, the inspectors gave the Nursery gradings of 'very good' for each of the four areas under review: the quality of care and support; the quality of environment; the quality of staffing; and the quality of management and leadership. You can read the full report here.
You can find out more about the High School of Dundee Nursery in this section of the website. However, the best way to get feel for the facility is to come and visit us on a typical day. To arrange a tour or to ask any questions, please contact our admissions team on 01382 202921 or vie email at email@example.comApply for a place at our Nursery