About Our Nursery
[% total_qty %][%% basket.cost_subtotal|multi_currency %%] [%% 0|multi_currency %%]
Bag PreviewView BagTotal
[%% basket.cost_subtotal|multi_currency %%]
Each child is unique and the importance of the early years in all areas of a child's development is widely recognised. It is therefore crucial to get it right for every individual.
Our purpose-built Nursery is open to all and aims to develop each child's individual potential and make learning fun through a structured and wide-ranging curriculum within a friendly, caring, welcoming environment.
The Nursery is open 50 weeks of the year, Monday to Friday from 8am until 6pm. A range of flexible sessions, are available on an all year round or term-time only basis. Early Years funding towards places - which can be up to 100% of the cost - is available from Dundee City Council.
An outstanding facility at an ideal location
Located at the School's Mayfield campus on Arbroath Road, our nursery provides a safe, secure and nurturing setting with an extensive variety of open-plan indoor play and learning areas, and outdoor play spaces.
Ample on-site parking enables easy drop-off and collection of children.
Mayfield is the home of the School's top of the range sports facilities and the Nursery makes full use of the playing fields, sports halls and vast green space on-site. In addition, our Nursery pupils receive specialist games lessons from the School's PE teachers.
We aim to ensure that we deliver the very best nursery care and education for every child. We promise to:
- Create a warm, secure and nurturing environment
- See every child as unique and develop their individual skills and potential, confidence and self-esteem
- Listen to each child and respond to their interests
- Work together with families for the benefit of every child
- Make learning exciting, stimulating and fun
- Provide a rich curriculum which develops skills through play
- Provide a balance of free play opportunities and planned activities developed from children’s interests and needs, both indoors and out
- Provide quality resources in our spacious, bright, purpose-built facility and outdoor area
- Employ caring, well-qualified, innovative, and committed staff with a range of diverse knowledge and skills and a love of learning
We firmly believe that there should be a real and strong partnership with parents. Your feedback will always be welcome as we strive to ensure that we make your child's experience happy and fun.
Parents will receive regular feedback from your child's Key Person and more formal written reports will also be provided.
In its most recent inspection report (March 2019), the High School of Dundee Nursery received a glowing assessment from the Care Inspectorate, receiving praise for developing happy and confident children.
For its Quality of Management and Leadership, the Nursery received the highest grading possible – Excellent – while for its Quality of Care and Support, it received the second highest grading possible – Very Good.
You can read the report, as well as the previous inspection report - which gave the Nursery gradings of 'very good' for each of the four areas under review - here.
You can find out more about the High School of Dundee Nursery in this section of the website. However, the best way to get a feel for the nursery is to come and visit us on a typical day. To arrange a tour or to ask any questions, please contact us on 01382 306222 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for a place at our Nursery