Thrift Shop Dates
[% total_qty %][%% basket.cost_subtotal|multi_currency %%] [%% 0|multi_currency %%]
Bag PreviewView BagTotal
[%% basket.cost_subtotal|multi_currency %%]
Thrift Shop Opening Hours 2018-19
|August 6||10am-12pm||January 14||2.15pm-3.15pm|
|August 13||2pm-3.45pm||February 4||2.15pm-3.15pm|
|August 27||2.15pm-3.15pm||March 4||2.15pm-3.15pm|
|September 3||2.15pm-3.15pm||April - No Thrift Shop|
|October 1||2.15pm-3.15pm||May 6||2.15pm-3.15pm|
|November 5||2.15pm-3.15pm||June 3||2.15pm-3.15pm|
|December 3||2.15pm-3.15pm||Plus a Saturday date TBC|
Please note our new venue!
The Thrift Shop can now be found in the Eastern Club area within the Margaret Harris (Junior Years) Building.
About the Thrift Shop
For the convenience of parents a Thrift Shop is operated by the Committee of the Old Girls’ Club. It is
staffed by a rota of volunteers drawn from the Old Girls’ Club and from parents. The main aim of the
Thrift Shop is to provide parents with a place for the sale and purchase of items of good quality, secondhand school uniform and regulation sportswear. 25% of all sales are kept for the Thrift Shop Fund of the Old Girls' Club. When funds accumulate it is used to buy items for the school e.g. the sound system in Trinity, the summerhouse for the Nursery and an annual donation is given for the Junior School Garden.
All Regulation School uniform is sold in the Thrift Shop. Blazers, pinafore, skirts and all regulation sportswear are especially needed for sale. No white shirts or white polo shirts are accepted but HSD branded polo shirts are accepted. They should be handed into the Thrift Shop or the School Office in a clean and resale-able condition, clearly labelled with seller's name and address or handed in as a donation.
There are conditions drawn up by the Old Girls’ Committee for the acceptance of articles:
1. Articles must be clean (laundered or dry-cleaned if possible) and in a condition suitable for re-sale.
2. The Organisers reserve the right to refuse any article that they consider is not up to standard or of which there is a surfeit in the shop at that time.
3. Items are accepted at the owner’s risk.
4. Articles priced in the shop at £9 and under will be taken as a donation.
5. The price charged for an item will be in accordance with guidelines laid down by the Old Girls’ Committee and will take into account the condition of the article. Once an item is sold, 75% of the selling price is returned to the seller, with 25% being retained by the shop.
6. Payment for articles sold is made twice a year by cheque.
7. Articles can be disposed of to charity if not sold after one year.
8. No refunds are given.
The Thrift Shop is staffed on a purely voluntary basis. Any parent or friend of the School (‘Old Girl’ or not) interested in joining the rota for serving in the shop is asked to contact Elspeth Allison (email: